Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the last time when everything was absolutely okay.



this is my mum and dad. and me. i'm the small one.
on the back of this photograph my mum has written:

'Kevin, Kina, and Princess Diana'

(cos people used to tell my mum she looked like diana..)
underneath that my dad has written:

'Jocelyn slowly loses touch!!
(with an arrow pointing to her caption)
Eventually she did!'

it's strange he wrote that before it had even happened.
it took ten years but it did happen.
everything pretty much fell apart after this photo was taken.
my dad's name isn't Kevin.
which means: from her caption; in my mum's perception, i was the only one of us that was real.

6 comments:

  1. do you think Joce meant your dad looked like Kevin Bacon??? Cos he does in this photo, but then was KB a celebrity then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that photo taken on the roof that Jacqui pushed Sam off when Sam was 5, i was 7 and Jac was an old-enough-to-know-better 9 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. on great barrier?
    like the roof of the store? looks like it.
    that jacqui; she's just always doing exciting things with her time.. .
    but lizzie, you were old enough to know better at the age of seven if you were up there. it's not like you were a cabbage.
    AND you're the middle child so that would have worked out super well for you if sam was gone... eh..
    :)
    do i look like kevin bacon then?
    cos i look a lot like my dad in that shot..
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you mention it you do look like Kevin Bacon!

    I was going through a dark phase on great barrier from 6 - 9 yrs of age so I don't know if I WAS capable of stopping any pushing off a roof, obviously I should've, but if you take Jacqui's forceful personality into account and the fact that Sam and I were her puppets, then does that give me any excuse or am I a secret pathological coward? Shit. I might have to go back into therapy to figure this one out. THANKS A BUNCH PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete